This Earth Week, we’ve decided to share some of the things we do around here at Leonard’s to make a difference. While I have always known about the little things we do here and there, I was truly blown away by our contributions! Check them out!
Hopefully you guys will go out and celebrate Earth Day tomorrow! I will be with my dogs at one of the largest dog parks in Northeast Florida. Over forty-two acres of doggie fun!
We use Soy Based Inks
• It is more environmentally friendly.
• Soy based inks are available in brighter colors.
• It also improves the life span of our printers.
• This type of ink makes it easier to recycle paper.
• It is more economic in the long run!
We Recycle Paper
• Recycling 1 ton of paper saves 17 mature trees, 7,000 gallons of water, 3 cubic yards of landfill space, 2 barrels of oil, and 4000 kilowatt hours of electricity. This is enough energy to power the average American home for 5 months.
• The process of recycling paper instead of making it from new materials generates 74 percent less air pollution and uses 50 percent less water.
• Manufacturing recycled paper uses 60 percent of the energy needed to make paper from new materials.
• Over 73 percent of all newspapers are recovered for recycling. About 33 percent of this is used to make newsprint the rest is used to make paperboard, tissue, or insulation.
• A little more than 48 percent of all office paper is recycled. This is used to make writing papers, paperboard, tissue, and insulation.
We Recycle Metal
• Recycling steel and tin cans saves 74 percent of the energy used to make them.
• Americans throw away enough aluminum every month to rebuild our entire commercial air fleet.
• Americans throw out enough iron and steel to continuously supply all the auto makers in the entire nation.
• When you throw away an aluminum can you waste as much energy as if you’d filled the can half full of gasoline and poured it into the ground.
• Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a 100 watt light bulb for 20 hours, a computer for 3 hours, and a TV for 2 hours.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com